Sunday, July 14, 2013

Too Long Without... Several Things



I’ll begin by saying that if you haven’t read anything but this one blog entry, I’ll give you the briefest of backstories concerning where it is headed. I met this guy, Dan, on the 4th of July and we have hit it off in the few times we have been together and talked on the phone. To not mince words; I both like this guy and have gotten pretty hot for him.

Anyway, I did everything I intended to do yesterday afternoon. I changed my bed sheets and bought a gallon of milk with the idea in mind that I was going to have an overnight guest. And since I did not know what my perspective evening companion preferred for breakfast, I bought this cereal variety pack. It was a questionable purchase since it contained such cereals as Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes; cereals that seemingly no self-respecting adult male would eat. But there was also Mini Wheats and Special K amongst the selections.

So anyhow, I was ready for my date at the predetermined time of 6:34 PM, and that’s when Dan, my date, arrived. Off we went. I did not know where we were going, and Dan did not say. The weather was not great but we had a pleasant drive, finally pulling into the parking lot of a place called Tiny’s almost an hour later.

Tiny’s is this charming, small town eatery in Ayer, northwest of Boston. Tiny's had its own ambiance that just captured me. I had a sliced turkey sandwich and a fruit cup. Because I was anticipating physical activity later in the evening, and because I knew ice cream was also on the agenda, I consciously held back on the food consumption.

When we departed Tiny’s we drove another 15 minutes or so until we arrived at Dr. Davis Ice Cream bar. I think the town was Pepperell. They had soft serve, yogurt, and traditional ice cream in a lot of flavors. I ordered a scoop of maple walnut traditional ice cream in a cup. It was heaven. Dan ordered a sundae with Oreo ice cream. We shared each other’s ice cream and traded licks off each other’s spoons. In a weird sort of way it was slightly erotic.

We got back to my apartment a little before 10. Dan walked me to the door and I asked him to come in. I then closed the door behind him and in no uncertain terms I told him what was on my mind. I have not behaved like that in a long while, and so seldom that you could count the times on one hand and have fingers left over. My declaration clearly surprised Dan. He gave a little, nervous smile, and nodded. But then, suddenly, he stopped, kind of rolled his eyes, and said that he did not have a condom. I informed him that I was on the pill and that if he trusted my health, I would trust his. His face softened and he said okay.      
 
I don’t really feel like going into every detail of the whole thing. But we did not start off in the throes of hot passion. We began with simple, gentle kisses as we stood there in my living room. We built up kind of gradually. It might have been 15 minutes when the clothes started getting loose and falling to the floor. To be honest, it felt good to have this man’s arms around me, and have his warm hands sliding along the bare flesh of my back. As I have said a few times in other blog entrees; it has been a while for me.

We were at minimal clothing when we finally headed to the bedroom. I was both very excited and very nervous. I think we both were. I remember asking Dan if he wanted the lamp on. He said it was up to me, and I told him “I like looking at things”. I think we both got a chuckle at my choice of words. Anyway, the bedside lamp was left on.

We removed the last of the clothing and crawled onto the bed. Dan was very sweet. I think he thought of it as more romantic than sexual, at least that appeared to be his thinking. For a few minutes he simply held me, kissed me, and occasionally did such things like lightly brush at my hair with his fingertips. Dan wasn’t going any too fast, but I enjoyed the niceties.

A short time later I discovered that Dan knew where to touch and how to touch a woman’s anatomy for best results. And his lips and tongue knew what to do too, in several different locales. However when I was ready for Dan in a more complete way, not all of his equipment was ready to go, so to speak. I asked him if it were me and if there was anything I could do. Dan apologized and said that he sometimes suffers from anxiety impotence, and that it is temporary. He then assured me that he is perfectly healthy. He smiled and said that he was just a little overwhelmed to be at that moment in my bedroom. I sort of giggled and said that I was a bit overwhelmed too.

Anyway, I told Dan that it was okay, that I was in no hurry, and that I was ready whenever he was, and if nothing happened that night, that was okay too, there would be other nights. For about a half hour or 45 minutes we simply laid there, talked, and occasionally kissed. I remember that he began gently teasing one of my breasts. I told him I liked what he was doing. His hand then slid down into my lower regions and I told him I liked that even better. Then, a few minutes later, Dan carefully slid above me, onto me, and finally, into me. I think I gurgled a slow, “Ohhh yesss,” because some goofy utterance came out of my mouth that made Dan chuckle. No matter what the situation I seem to always be doing something ditzy.

Anyhow, the evening was not without a few bumps in the road and a detour or two, but I learned that Dan is not just sexually healthy, but also thoughtful and unselfish in bed.

This morning there was a problem-free encore. Then, over Dan’s breakfast of -believe it or not- Fruit Loops, we had a discussion about the early framework of our relationship. I assured Dan that I was not clingy or high maintenance, and that I in fact needed a little space of my own. But as I had said a few times before to him, I was looking for a committed, loving relationship. Dan seemed good with everything I said, and as for the committed, loving relationship, he stated that he would like to see if he could give that to me. I'm optimistic, but we’ll see how it goes.

I kissed Dan goodbye about 11AM. I arrived at Callahan State Park at about noon today, eager to explore nature while reflecting contently on the previous, and memorable, 18 hours. 


  
 








3 comments:

  1. Wow on how open you are on this blog. Secondly Tinys in Ayer, my hometown. Had many Suday brunches here. Randomly small world. Hey rooting for you to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I appreciate the sentiments, but you've got me thinking, thinking clear into another blog entry.

      Delete
  2. You need to find a female audience for this blog, I imagine this is what those books with Fabio on the cover read like. Haha.. good luck. 2nd date, I see how he was a bit unprepared.. apparently he didn't know who he was dealing with!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete