Sunday, July 28, 2013

Looking Back Over the Weekend



It has been an interesting weekend, thinking back on it. On Friday I went shopping. For Dan, I bought a second brush attachment for my electric toothbrush. I tried to write a “D” on it with a felt pen but the surface was small and irregular, so the “D” looks like a small blotch. I bought V-8 Fusion Strawberry-Banana juice for my guest. I had noticed that juice in Dan’s refrigerator the evening I went over to his apartment for dinner. I bought him some Wheaties, so he would not have to suffer again through another breakfast of Fruit Loops. He must be moving up in the world, well, my world anyway.

Dan stayed over Friday night. He left fairly early Saturday morning, but then returned again on Saturday about 7 PM when we had a Freschetta’s frozen pizza for dinner. It’s very good pizza. In fact, it tasted as though it was a little too good, or at least too healthy. I think the pizza needed some more salt, or preservatives, or maybe it was just a little short of gluten.

Two things took place this weekend that I have not experienced in a while. One was having a romantic overnight visitor two consecutive nights. The second thing came Saturday evening. I had gone to the fitness center late that afternoon after putting off going for hours, as is my habit. Consequently I did not have a lot of time to shower. Then I was struck by a brainstorm. That evening, after the pizza, I told Dan that I had been sweaty and I really ought to take a shower. I then added as an “afterthought” that if it were not too much trouble, he could soap the hard to reach area of my back.

There are many various sexual or erotic activities that do not appeal to me, and there are some that actually puzzle me as to how anyone could find them in any way enjoyable, and there are still others I find outright gross, but to me, showering together is very erotic. The only tiny downside concerning the event on Saturday was that I prefer the water slightly warmer than does Dan. We survived that tiny problem by finding a compromise somewhere in the middle. I do not know when the last time a gentleman stayed two consecutive nights. It was a few years ago, as was a shared shower.

To change subjects radically; late this afternoon I decided to take a quick walk along the Charles River over near Auburndale Park. While strolling along I saw a boy in a tree. He’d climbed up to about the second branch level. However I saw one problem; the tree was riff with poison ivy. Vines two inches in diameter were clinging to the trunk on all sides going up at least 20 feet. It’s not uncommon if there is a water supply in the vicinity for poison ivy to be so healthy that it has woody vines and climb trees .This tree looked to be more poison ivy than tree. I could see by the damaged leaves that the boy had gone right through it.

I calmly call up to the boy that he had almost assuredly been exposed to poison ivy and that he should stay clear of it best he could on the way down the tree. I asked him to tell his mother or father that he had been exposed to a large amount of poison ivy and that its oil could be washed off with a special soap, but that ordinary soap wouldn’t do much good. Hopefully the boy remembered at least most of what I told him. I watched the kid climb down from the tree and ride off on his bike. I got to say; I was totally creeped out. I have long since developed a second sense for poison ivy when I am in a prime habitat for it. Poison ivy can be nasty stuff. Good luck to the kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment