Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Slightly Damaged Psyche



It’s been Friday or early Saturday since I have visited either of the two internet dating websites where I have a free account. I talked to a guy through one of the websites this time last week and I was very excited about meeting him. When we did finally meet on Saturday, I discovered that he was a regular, friendly person and not the incredibly romantic, debonair superman my brain had concocted. We did not have everything in common I had imagined either. There was just no way he could have lived up to my expectations my mind had set. Nobody could. Still, I was disappointed, albeit due to my own idiocy.

Anyway, point is, I have been reluctant to try my hand again. Just a few minutes ago I thought about logging into one of the sites, and I simply did not feel quite up to it. It’s not just because of Saturday. Part of it is that, to me, it seems kind of odd to meet a potential romantic partner in an “unnatural” manner. I stress the two words “to me” because again I know that the problem is in my head and not in the method. Okay, I admit it, I’m being an imbecile.

Maybe my psyche will recover, given a little time, and I’ll be ready to go again. Heck, for all I know I might log in to one, or both of the sites tomorrow or, who knows, later this evening. After all, this is all unexplored territory for me and my brain. I might think to myself; Katie, don’t be a moron. Contact one of these nice, interesting guys and ask him to meet you in 40 minutes at Subway. Or better yet; ask him to meet you at Amarin of Thailand in Newton where the two of you could each have a bowl of Tom Klong soup and split an order of satay chicken.

Yeah, that will be the day. I can’t even get myself to go to OKcupid.

5 comments:

  1. Let me know where Amarin of Thailand is... see you in 40!! Never had Tom Klong soup or satay chicken, but am up for any challenge!! BTW if you log into ok, you will see I messaged you, twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have a google+, wordpad, or any other id that they offered, rather I went old school with an AIM name and it came up all sorts of gibberish... so therefore let me know if you'd like some Tom Klong soup... I'd be game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - I can imagine how overwhelming it is when you have to literally set aside a large chunk of time to go through a mountain of messages. Plus, with each day you do not log in, it multiplies!

    Don't get too down.. find a nice spot for the fireworks and enjoy the rest of the week.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't know what Amarin or Tom Klong soup are, but I do love me some satay chicken. I don't blame you for avoiding OKC though, I'm pretty fed up with it. I'm pretty close to deactivating it. The messages that consists of "hey :)" or "how are you" are driving me crazy. Put a little effort in will ya? Might as well be copied and pasted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete