Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Dinner With Two Desserts



My boyfriend, Dan, invited me over for dinner last night. He lives in a small apartment on the 2nd floor of a two story building. He has three rooms; a bathroom, bedroom, and a main room that has a kitchen area on one end with a small kitchen table, and a living area covering the rest of the room where he has a sofa, large chair, TV, and a small sound system.

Anyway, the dinner was these large pasta shells stuffed with bits of a bell pepper, tomato paste, and a morsel of Italian sausage. They were spiced with oregano and basil. They were very good. Dan bought a merlot to go alongside the entrée. A bowl of sherbet was for dessert. Everything was actually very good. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The plates were not new, or fancy, but they were not made of paper, and the eating utensils were not made of plastic. It may be the first time I have had basically an entire dinner cooked for me by a boyfriend. I am excluding the occasions when the dinner consisted of hamburgers off of an outdoor grill, or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Afterwards we spooned on Dan’s sofa while watching National Lampoon’s Vacation that Dan had on his DVR. I hate to admit this but I did not know what “spooning” was until yesterday. I had heard the term before but had assumed that it involved the sharing of food via a spoon. How could I not know what spooning was!? I am such a twit.

I am hesitant to do this but I think if I am going to treat this blog like my diary, I must…

Dan and I did not simply spoon while on his sofa. By the end of the movie we had advanced beyond spooning. I am not a person who has ever particularly enjoyed oral sex in any capacity. I have performed it when asked (twice, I think), and I will receive it if the guy seems intent on doing it, but it is not my favorite thing. My usual thought when a guy travels “south” goes something like; okay, you’re going down there. Well, okay, go ahead if you want. I remember once saying to a boyfriend, “If you don’t want to do that, you don’t have to”, but I immediately regretted it. I have always tried to avoid any kind of negativity during sensual moments. However I will eventually make my preference politely known when things are less steamy.

Anyway, yesterday evening as we were there on his sofa, Dan went “south”. He had gone in that general region on one other occasion, but only briefly. Yesterday my initial reaction was my usual apathy, but pretty quickly I knew that this time things were very different. I guess it has to do with technique, so to speak. Not to be crass, but Dan used the solid area just above his mouth to firmly massage my most sensitive area while his lips and tongue did other pleasant things. He never used his hands or fingers except to perhaps hold my thighs. Anyway, it was very stimulating; very stimulating. I did not reach "the end of the rainbow", but I think I can safely say that I was aroused. I am going to have to reassess my opinion on oral sex, at least when it comes to receiving it from Dan.

On the negative side, I think my enthusiasm must have been transported into Dan because it could not have taken him 15 seconds from entry to his climax. We barely had time to get ourselves situated when I saw a panic come over his face and he immediately began apologizing. For a few seconds I did not know what was going on and what he was apologizing for, but then I knew. I kind of giggled and told him that it was okay, those things can happen, but he clearly felt bad about it. He is a thoughtful lover, but not a perfect one.

It was the first time that Dan and I were intimate were we did not, or had not just spent the night together. I had not planned, nor was I prepared to spend the night. I think I saw a Seinfeld episode recently where Jerry and Elaine humorously made the observation that there is intimacy, and there is sleep, and the two are not one and the same. I would probably agree, and I think Dan would too. On the other hand; next time I’ll make it a point to stay over if he wants me to. There blog/diary, now you know.       

3 comments:

  1. Wow - so candid... have you only climaxed through intercourse w/another guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be forthright and open without being lewd or obscene. It is a fine line and I might yet decide to not even attempt to walk it. As I have said a few times; I think of this bolg as both blog and diary. About three paragraphs from the end... http://katiesthoughtsonstuff.blogspot.com/2013/07/katies-thoughts-on-sex.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha - I do remember reading that, I'll assume it was intercourse. Hopefully you'll be able to slide down that rainbow through oral with your bf (for multiples!).. especially after you've both reached climax with intercourse. I'm not expert, just speaking on my most recent experience.

    ReplyDelete