Thursday, September 26, 2013

Settle Down Katie



Some time yesterday evening while I was out looking at clothes, I realized that I was too wound-up about Friday, and my date with a nice-looking guy, Jack. I think words came through my head that went something like, “Katie, you are setting yourself up for a big letdown. Just settle down.”

I do stuff like that; get too keyed-up. What then transpires is that the guy, in this case Jack, turns out to be an ordinary flesh-and-blood man, and I am disappointed. There is no instant chemistry between us, and he does not charm me into a state of unbridled euphoria. Another words; everything is perfectly normal. I think part of the problem this time is that I am kind of on the rebound. It’s been less than a month since I broke up with a guy after a two month relationship that I really enjoyed, right up to the end. So anyway, I’ve been acting like I’m a 9th grade girl, an idiotic 9th grade girl, to be exact.

I am glad I had that talk with myself, this disciplinary lecture. I now feel a bit embarrassed, even contrite by my overly zealous attitude. By tomorrow night I will be feeling a normal balance of restrained enthusiasm and composure. I will act rationally and probably more importantly, see things rationally. Obviously it is not easy being a 27 year-old 9th grader.      

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with some youthful enthusiasm. If you get a chance to read this before you go out on Friday, have fun tonight. If you don't get the chance, then I hope you had a good time. By the way, I wrote to you several times through your profile page. I think it said Say Hi To Kate. You never responded. Sooooo, I was just wondering if you did not know about the feature or if there was a glitch, or you decided to ignore my messages. I would not blame you if you did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I could not find on that profile page anything as far as incoming messages. In that Hangout area there is one message that I sent to a guy months ago, like in June. Sorry. If you can still find your messages and it's not too late, you can email them, it would be okay. A_Forest_Lady@Yahoo.com Just in case you are wondering; I thought of that email address late one night... really late.

    ReplyDelete