Friday, October 11, 2013

Upcoming, Unimportant Events



I had dinner with Marty on Wednesday evening. Before Wednesday, we had written and talked on the phone numerous times over several weeks. When Marty came over on Wednesday I felt that I already knew him fairly well. I think he felt the same way.

Last night, Thursday night, Marty called me. We talked for about an hour and a half. I learned about some his daughter’s interests, and I heard a few stories involving him and a couple of his long-time friends. I found out silly stuff too, such as; Marty’s left foot is larger than his right, and hidden in one of his drawers is a plastic bag of firecrackers. Marty discovered that every once in a while I will partake in a bubble bath. I told him about my ugly toenails too.

Marty asked me if I would be interested in going to a Mexican restaurant on Saturday. I told him I would be very interested. I think we are quickly becoming comfortable with each other, although perhaps me more than Marty. Anyway, I think this will soon be headed into an intimate relationship. That’s probably not all that surprising. Perhaps more surprising is that I have decided not to talk about it in my blog. If Marty says it is okay, that’s still not good enough. He is going to have to talk me into it, and I don’t think he cares enough one way or the other. To be honest, I have also considered posting only every few weeks, and even forgoing the blog altogether. On the other hand, all of that could be this wave of joyfulness and over-excitement getting the best of me. God knows it isn't like I'm immune to those things.

Anyway, tonight I am going over to my parents’. I will probably drink a glass of wine and watch the baseball game with my father, but maybe I’ll go shopping with my mother. It probably won’t be my decision.      

2 comments:

  1. The irony.. you date a blog commenter and (possibly) end the blog. Haha, it was fun while it lasted! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started this blog my original idea was to write entries primarily about my philosophical views. I knew too I would want to throw in some entries about my life at the moment. This is my first attempt at blogging and I did not know how I would feel about revealing intimate details concerning my life. Now these months later I have found that I am at best lukewarm on the idea. Marty's knowledge of this blog puts it over the edge. On the other hand, I know that I would like to post my thoughts about miscellaneous things such as the color of autumn, the first snowfall of winter, my favorite scents, and my father's first game coaching kids.

      Delete