Tuesday, October 8, 2013

An Odd Evening



I am having an odd evening. Hopefully the oddness is finally over. It’s of my own doing so I can hardly complain. First, I called Marty and told him what we are having for dinner tomorrow. It’s going to begin with a spinach salad and then I’m going to serve stuffed jumbo pasta shells. The dinner will finish with sherbet. It won’t be the most difficult dinner in the world to prepare so hopefully I won’t botch it up.

Anyway, I mentioned my blog to Marty and he told me that for everyone’s sake he has decided to discontinue reading it and I will be free to write whatever I want. He said that he had not read it yesterday or today and that as long as he was getting my blog stuff “straight from the horse’s mouth”, there was no need for him to read about it in my blog. I guess that makes perfect sense, although I’m not sure I like the "horse's mouth" reference.

Then about 8 or so this evening Jack called. He’s the guy I’ve gone out with a few times. We talked for a few minutes and then he asked me if I’d like to go out this weekend to a party. I took a deep breath and said that there is another guy I am interested in and that I think I’m going to be concentrating on him; this other guy. I hurriedly told Jack that I thought he was a great guy and that there are certainly other women, women with more traditional views, attitudes, and interests who would love his attention and would also be more to his liking.

I might be wrong but I thought I heard Jack release a kind of sad sigh, so I quickly said again that I thought he was really a great guy, but there was this other guy… Anyhow, Jack said that he understood and there were certainly no hard feelings.

I really hate rejecting a nice guy. I hate it. I do not have to go through it very often, but when I do, it’s really a difficult thing for me. Jack took it well. I knew he would simply because he really is a nice guy.     

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, haha. "straight from the angel's mouth" was the line...
    I also think he'll be reading the blog .. he wants to know exactly how it went, what you're thinking. You say things in the blog you don't say to the guy's you're dating, and Marty knows that.

    Just telling it to you straight. I'd read it, but I'd tell you "write whatever you want, change my name, but i'll be reading it.." haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome but it could use a bit more drama. Just saying it might be cool if you tried juggling both guys as a thank you for all of us that do care enough to read your blog unlike this Marty guy who calls you animal names.

    ReplyDelete