Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Bit of Weekend Stress

Up to Friday evening I had some amorous plans for the weekend, Saturday evening specifically, but those plans never came to pass. On Friday evening I visited my parents and I learned that my father has been having symptoms of prostate cancer. This kind of put a damper on my weekend enthusiasm.

Today he went to a urologist and I have learned that he has been tentatively diagnosed with prostatitis and not cancer. Apparently the symptoms are similar. He was given a PSA blood test that checks for prostate health, and the readings were abnormally high, but not dangerously high. He will take another PSA test in a few months and if it is elevated even higher, than that could be a more confirming sign of prostate cancer. On the other hand, prostatitis is not a walk in the park. It's suppose to be a tough thing to treat. It's amazing how much medical information a person can learn when it concerns a loved one.

So Saturday was not brimming with fiery passion, but it did have some tender moments. Marty and I began by watching some TV sitting together on my sofa, and ended a few hours later with us romantically spooning on the sofa, watching TV.

Yes, I was the inside spoon.  


1 comment:

  1. Best wishes out to your Dad. Hope everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete