Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Setting the Alarm To An Hour Earlier



I’m a little goofy but since reaching full adulthood I’ve always figured it is my responsibility -well, at least sort of my responsibility- to see that the guys who I have been with in committed relationships have been sexually satisfied. I think those same guys have had the same responsibility towards me, whether they see it that way or not. So anyway, I generally do not say no when amorous feelings are on the rise in my partner, even if I am a little tired or otherwise not quite in the mood.

Yesterday evening I did an uncommon thing; I asked to be excuse from sexual intimacy. I said that I had a headache and believe it or not, I actually had a headache. Dan, my boyfriend, took it well. He did not insist. As a counteroffer I suggested that he spend the night and we set the alarm clock to an hour earlier than usual and do the deed before work. Dan took to the idea.

I do not remember the last time I made love in the early morning before work. It is possible that this morning was a first. It was an oddly stimulating experience. I think we were both energized but yet not wildly passionate or lustful. Part of it might have been that we kind of kept one eye on the clock. At least I kept one eye on the clock. After all, we had a bit of a time restriction. Anyway, I would describe this morning’s events as “fun”. Perhaps an even nicer byproduct was that now and then throughout the day I thought back on the pre-work morning exercise with a bemused fondness. In fact, I am thinking back on it right this instant with a kind of bemused fondness. I’ll bet we do it again sometime. I would not object. I enjoy having fun, and being bemused fondly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment