Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Few Silly Things



A few unrelated silly things…

Silly thing #1; My boyfriend, Dan, stayed over last night. He left a short time ago. We went for a walk early yesterday evening and this morning we discovered that he had multiple mosquito bites whereas I had none. He attributes it to the fact that I had a glass of wine shortly before the walk while he did not. Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide in a person’s breath and Dan believes that attraction was thwarted by my exhaling of minute traces of alcohol. I am going to have to research his theory.

Silly thing #2; I am going to retire my favorite and oldest item of clothing. It is a top I have had since high school. It is a short sleeve, green top I often wear out hiking during the warmer months. I like it because its two pockets are wide and deep. I can pick something off the ground without having a pair of sunglasses fall out of a pocket. But the top is getting very threadbare. I have now worn it out on sunny days and have still gotten sunburned shoulders. I am very fair-skinned and sunburn easily, but still, an item of clothing should protect the covered area from the sun.

Silly thing #3; Yesterday Dan revealed to me that as a child he was scared of clowns. I have never had any doubt that there are kids who fear clowns, but I thought it was rare and the phenomenon was mostly an old wives’ tale. Perhaps not. I in turn revealed that I believed in Santa Claus until the rather advanced age of 8; a feat that I have largely attributed to being an only child.

Silly thing #4; I am going to have to forgo buying recycled toilet paper, or at least forgo buying the brand I have recently purchased. The paper has insufficient strength to withstand the weight of the roll when being dispensed. Consequently it breaks off with the slightest tug, one tiny sheet at a time. The company should have done some pre-market testing. Now they have lost the business of a recycling environmentalist. Such a loss does not bode well for the company. 

5 comments:

  1. I retire my socks when the material on the heel gets so thin I can step on a nickel and tell it isn't a penny. As for the toilet paper, you might have to use the slap-the-roll method, or keep the roll off a dispenser where it can be unrolled manually. But with paper that cheap the user's fingers might penetrate through the paper when in use and force is applied.

    Sorry, it's not a very pleasant comment so if you want to delete it, feel free. I won't take it personally. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delete it? There are parts of this blog that are a whole lot more unpleasant than talk of failed toilet paper.

      Delete
  2. I think it's time your boyfriend watches IT. Because reading it would just take too damn long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on the Stephen King book.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(1990_film)

      Delete