Monday, January 6, 2014

One Silly Grown-up


Sometimes I think that I laugh too much, that I am just plain too silly. Marty, my boyfriend, keeps a hat over at my apartment. He does not wear it often but when he does, I think he looks very cute in it. It is one of those fake leather hats with fur ear flaps. Yesterday while I was alone, I put it on and stood in front of the mirror. I looked positively idiotic. It was worth a laugh, but just to go the whole route, I made a silly face at myself in my reflection. That was worth another giggle. Then just to top things off, I gazed at myself in the mirror and with a snicker, sarcastically said, “A real look of intelligence Katie, a real look of genius.”

That type of behavior has become all too frequent. If this is indeed a problem, it has really only been in existence a few years. To some degree it is almost as if I am un-maturing. Fortunately it is un-maturing only in certain areas of my life. I am still a responsible employee. I can maintain a devoted, full-grown personal relationship with Marty. Well, it is mostly a full-grown relationship. On Friday night in bed, as Marty and I were lying there contemplating slumber, I decided to “rolling pin” him. Take out the microwave oven and I am not much good in the kitchen, but when I was about eight years old I learned that a rolling pin is a kitchen tool used to flatten dough and other malleable foods. I put my arms to my side and simply rolled over Marty length-wise as he was lying beside me. Then once I had rolled to his other side, I rolling pinned back to my original position. I thought it was great fun and I was laughing the whole time. Marty was laughing too but I’m not sure if he was laughing at his being rolling pinned, or laughing because I was laughing.

I’m positive the time is coming when I will instigate a pillow fight with Marty. I’ll probably lose. But I’ll get my revenge. I’ll just rolling pin him. God, I hope other grown-ups don’t act this way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment