Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Shower


Once again I'm going to get personal; perhaps too personal. But whose blog is this anyway? Heck, maybe I'll write it and not publish it. We'll see how I feel when I'm done.

I think that the most exhilarating period in the average modern human life is the period when an individual has recently discovered a highly agreeable person with whom to start a romantic relationship, and the subsequent adult intimacy.

Speaking just of the intimacy; the two people are new to each other and desires are at their peak. This period of physical yearning, from its beginning to its "nature" conclusion, can last anywhere from a few months, to perhaps about a year. Early on there could be nervousness or inhibition that could retard or short-circuit the feelings. When those problems are remedied, the mutual desires -lust- can become almost unbearable. It is a feeling of being alive that is almost incomparable in its intensity. Most people have had the good fortune of the experience. I have had the good fortune perhaps a half dozen times. I am in the throes of just such an adventure now. In fact, we are several months along.

One of the activities I have always seemed to enjoy during the highly passionate months of a new relationship is showering together. I might have said as much once or twice before in this idiotic blog. I don't enjoy a mutual shower because I want to save time or water. It has to do with the nuzzling, the caressing, the stroking, and so forth. That now said; Terry, my boyfriend, and I have not yet showered together. We have been together for a few months now and I had never asked, or schemed, my way into the shower with him. The fact that I have not has me slightly alarmed.

Sometimes I wonder if adulthood and maturing is sneaking into my life, or worse; into me. I want to remain youthful as long as possible. It is that pursuit that is at least partially responsible for my watching my weight, and visiting my fitness center at least four times a week. But it goes beyond that. It has to do with more than my being able to run, and dance, and make love in a shower, it has to do with wanting to do those things.

I guess I should be glad that it did finally occur to me that Terry and I have some very stimulating business to attend to. Tomorrow night I'm going to insist that we rendezvous in my shower, and what we do in there will have nothing to do with getting clean.

  



1 comment:

  1. This story took a turn... I'm shocked this hasn't happened by now!

    ReplyDelete