Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Blog Entry For Tuesday

I did not know what to name this blog entry, so I went with the obvious.

Anyway, I think I am going to have to call Terry "my boyfriend". I'm hesitant to do that because; #1, it seems kind of early in our relationship to give him that status, and #2, he is not exactly a boy. On the other hand, he came by yesterday evening, and he left this morning. So he's not exactly a stranger.

We did not plan on his staying overnight. Things just happened spontaneously, and when it was about the right time last night for him to leave, we both knew he wasn't going anywhere. This morning, being Tuesday morning, it was a work day for both of us. So at 6:30 in the morning, Terry left to go to his place where he would change for work. I, on the other hand, had made up my mind that today was going to be an unscheduled day off.

At about 10 AM I decided to grab my binoculars and go out bird watching. I haven't mentioned my bird watching in this blog in a long time. In recent months I haven't felt as enthused about it, or at times, enthused about anything, but through that time I have gone out on occasion.

To the average person, and even the average bird watcher, there is nothing quite so boring as bird watching in New England on a late autumn day. The weather is often not very good, and almost all of the colorful birds have long since departed for the season. There are no indigo buntings, no scarlet tanagers, no golden-winged warblers to see. I went out just to, well, get out. Today was fairly mild for this time of the year, and pretty wet. I did not care. I wanted to breath some fresh, cool air and gaze up to something other than a ceiling. There were no walls restricting either my vision, or my walk. It felt very liberating.

With the sky gray and the trees leafless, everything can seem so drab. But not all the birds are gone. The blue jays offer a pretty blue, the cardinals a wonderful red. I did not complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment