Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Morning Thoughts Concerning Friday Evening


Sometimes I wonder how much I should say in my stupid blog. It usually ends up that I say pretty much what I want. After all, what's a blog for? Well, here I go again...

Yesterday, Friday evening, I went out for a drink with a guy named Terry, our first time out together. As I think I said in a previous entry, I was looking forward to it with excitement and nervousness. Both of those emotions seemed to intensify throughout Friday and into the early evening. I actually felt a bit of relief when Terry finally showed up.

We went to a nearby pub and took a small booth. Terry ordered a beer and for no good reason, I decided on a white wine. We had a very nice conversation. Most of it was light and breezy. I did my fair share of idiotic giggling. The evening did include my telling him in detail of my cognitive disorders. It is very difficult to explain things that don't seem to make sense, but I did the best I could. If Terry did not quite "get it", he at least seemed to be understanding. That's all I could ask. Terry in turn talked briefly about his marriages, and the mistakes he made in them. He seemed very honest.

Somewhere along the way I realized that I was once again enjoying the company of a man in a potentially romantic manner. It's funny what comes into someone's head, especially my head.

We chatted for about two hours and then Terry said that he had to work the following day so we had better call it a night. I would have gladly allowed the evening to go on for another hour or more, but the approximately two hours was good enough. We planned to go out for only a drink, after all.

Terry took me home and walked me to the door. I asked him if he wanted to step inside, and he did. I remember that I took off my coat while Terry stood by the door with his coat on. I gingerly, but deliberately, stepped close enough to him to where he could take me by the hand or step closer and put his arm around me. He seemed a little bit undecided so I gathered some courage and moved a half step closer. When he placed a hand gently on my shoulder, I moved even closer yet. That seem to do it and he put both of his arms around me, which was my goal. Though it was not exactly what I would call a heated embrace, it was nice.

Terry told me he had a great time. He then casually, almost unconsciously ran his fingertips soothingly up and down my back. That felt wonderful, which I'm sure Terry did not realize. He followed it with a short kiss. That did not feel too bad, either. It was a tiny romantic moment at the end of a pleasant little evening. It has definitely been a while for me; too long.

I'm not going to sit here and declare that Terry is some amazing guy, or our brief time together was something that is going to go down in the annals of great romantic escapades, but it was all I could have asked for and more. I was not disappointed by Terry or the evening. I hope we see each other again. I hope he feels the same.

And those are my thoughts concerning Friday evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment