Thursday, November 27, 2014

Complete Relaxation

Today I'm off to my parents for Thanksgiving. I'll help my mom with the bird, yams, salad and various other fixings. Dinner will be at its traditional Thanksgiving time; 3 PM. I think my Uncle Wayne is going to have dinner with us. I'll find out for sure when I get there.

Last night I did something I have not done before in my life, god only knows why I've neglected this practice. Last night I took a warm bubble bath with a glass of red wine alongside. In fact, sitting on the bathroom floor a few inches from the tub was the bottle of merlot. Truth is, I had two glasses and a splash; just about half a bottle. Wow, was it relaxing. I put on headphones, listened to some meditation music, and laid back. Utter serenity. It's a wonder I did not drown. I thought about having a couple of scented candles flickering along the edge of the tub, but I didn't want to go overboard with the notion.

Of course there is a price to be paid for such tranquility. Today I have dry, itchy skin, courtesy of a combination of spending time in the cold weather, contrasted with the warm, sudsy water. When my skin gets a little dry it just itches annoyingly. When it gets very dry a red rash appears that itches incessantly. Today I have a couple of patches of redness. Lotions have little effect on my dry skin. I just have to suffer for a few days. Still, I think it was worth it. It was forty-five minutes of peaceful, wine-aided bliss. I'll have to go back to that place again sometime. It'll be sometime after my skin recovers.  

1 comment: