Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Did It

I decided to go ahead and try my hand at an internet dating website. I must admit that I joined with hesitation; but I did join. For some reason it was something of a humbling experience, but a friend tells me that internet dating is pretty much acceptable, and there is no reason to feel bad about it. Well okay... I guess.

I actually did the basics a few days ago. I chose the website Casual Kiss. I have since been informed that I probably should have used OKCupid. I suppose I could always get an OKCupid account too. It's not like it would cost me a lot of money. Here's my Casual Kiss page; http://www.casualkiss.com/members/KatieGirl. It's certainly nothing fancy.

Just before starting this blog entry, I checked to see if there has been any interest so far at Casual Kiss. I can see who has looked at my page, and of course I can access messages sent to me. As of about a half hour ago I have had about 15 "looks" and five messages. I guess that's not bad for just two days. Unfortunately none of the messages are more than a few words. I would love to see about three paragraphs from some funny, modest guy who would say things that would be so in tune with my thinking that it would be almost like I could hear his voice speaking his words. I don't ask a lot from a free dating website, do I? Well, a girl can always hope.  

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    I saw your link at Okcupid to your blog. I'm glad you swallowed a little pride and took the plunge to go on a dating website. When I got an account at Okcupid it involved swallowing a little pride too, but it was Okcupid swallowing the pride to have me as a member. I was told that when I opened my account, there was a perceivable drop in the number of female members. I'm waiting for an email informing me that my account has been cancelled due to my distinct lack of charisma, after all, in none of my profile photos am I shirtless. Of course there might be a very good reason for that aside from a lack of charisma, and it may be evident in my photo. Anyhow, I decided I'd send you a message here rather than be one of two dozen (or more) messages sent to you at okcupid. I may lack charisma, but I'm only a partial idiot, not a complete one.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete