Monday, August 24, 2015

My Mom

Mom (with rabbit ears)
If anyone were to read this goofball blog from beginning to end, they would find out that I'm a daddy's girl. I think he is pretty great. He is what someone might call a "man's man", but he is sensitive and thoughtful and we get along really well. But my mother isn't exactly a zero. For one thing, she is a real brain. Throughout my life I have gone to her for all kind of advice. I consider myself an independent thinker and she is just as responsible for that as anyone.

My mother is into her 60s but I think she is still a real babe. And she has a lot of fun. I hope I live as long as she has, and if I am that lucky, I hope I hold together physically and emotionally as well as her. It is actually something of a life goal of mine.

My mother apparently holding
 up a light post
I don't mean to shock anyone with this bold revelation, but my mother and father still "do it", and do it fairly often. My mother jokingly told me a year or so ago despite the fact that at first I really did not want to hear it. An hour later, after the shock had passed, I thought it was pretty cool. That's another thing I hope I'm doing when I'm as old as Mom.

My mother exercises and keeps busy physically and psychologically. Best I can tell, she seems to be a very good sudoku player. I have played Scrabble against her a handful of times and I am yet to win. She goes to an aerobic class two or three times a week and is physically fit for a woman her age, and really, a woman of any age.

Yes, Mom is pretty cool. I'm not sure I mention her often enough in this zany blog. She really deserves her own blog entry, so here it is. A pretty wonderful woman.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment