Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Goofball Updating Her Blog

I might as well give an update on my relationship with Terry, not that anyone cares. But up to now it has been somewhat different when compared to my past relationships, so I might as well chronicle it to this point.

Terry and I have been seeing each other for nearly three months. That's not exactly a lifetime but it is long enough that to a certain extent the proverbial dust has kind of settle. For about two months we have been "exclusive" to each other, meaning we do not see anyone else romantically. One evening we both agreed that we had the potential for something special between us and so we made this vow to each other in a very casual, almost humorous manner, but yet in a completely honest manner. We see each other about three times a week on average. Sometimes it is four times a week, sometimes it is two. It probably averages to three. I don't see this figure changing anytime soon. It seems that both Terry and I like three times a week. This is less often than I have seen my other, past romantic interests, at a comparative point in those relationships.

Terry and I spend the night together at least two of those three night per week when we see each other. Usually the nights when we meet are Friday, Saturday, and then one evening, possibly two, during the week. Usually the non weekend day when we spent time together is either Monday or Wednesday. Sometimes it is both. When I see Terry on Monday, and then I do not see him again until Friday, I get excited and anxious for Friday to finally come. There is a clear heightening of emotion. I like it. I like the elevated anticipation of being with Terry. And I like having days of "me time". We generally do not spend our entire Saturdays or Sundays together. Terry has his interests and I have mine.

Most of those evenings when Terry and I are together we stay at my apartment, but perhaps once every few weeks I will stay at his condo. His place is nicer than mine but it is a bit more troublesome for me to stay at his place rather than the other way around. It's a "woman thing".

Over the last three or four weeks Terry and I have not been "intimate" every single night we have been together. There has been two or three scattered evenings when our bedroom activity has been nothing but sleep. I bring this up because I actually mentioned this to Terry yesterday evening while we were watching TV (the Celtics losing, specifically) and he said that he was aware of it but that it was not something that concerned him if it was not something that concerned me. I told him that it did not concern me one bit and that I saw it as a sign that our relationship had more than one source of appeal. Terry had much the same viewpoint and he expressed it very sweetly. Ironically, he was so sweet and the sentiments were so reassuring that a short time later I requested that we forgo the end of the Celtic game to pursue other "activities". Every now and then something comes over me and this goofball becomes the aggressor.

No comments:

Post a Comment