Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Quick and Ill-Advised Blog Entry

I am starting on this blog entry at 11:22 PM. I just took a shower and hopefully will soon go to bed and be fast asleep. About two hours ago I took a nip of bourbon. At 11:22 I'm not entirely sober and the alcohol is probably at least partly responsible for the travesty of this blog entry. Nevertheless, here it goes...

I have a fairly new coworker. I'll call her Joan. Joan has been a fellow employee for a few months. She is about my age and single. She has a boyfriend who is a nice-looking guy. Not too long ago Joan voluntarily told me that she is a Mormon and saving herself for marriage. At the time, I thought this rather amusing and quaint. Now, after additional thought, it actually kind of annoys me.

Joan talks of her boyfriend often. She has sexual desires that she speaks of. I'd be willing to bet her boyfriend has sexual desires too. Her boyfriend is planning to go back to school and they are waiting until he finishes to get married. That's about a year away, according to Joan.

I'm not going to say anything to Joan but I think her mentality is sad and really, something of a tragedy. To be forthright, Joan, a very pretty lady, should be giving sexual pleasure, and receiving it. Instead she is tied to Mormon mythology. That's what it is; mythology. I think it is very sad. The only good thing is that I can better appreciate that I do not have such problems and am able to enjoy life to the utmost... except when the lifestyle of a fellow employee depresses me.

Maybe tomorrow I will delete this blog entry.  By then I won't have this bourbon-induced tipsiness. Don't get me wrong; I'll still be of the same opinion, I'll just have regretted writing about it.

1 comment:

  1. Might as well keep it... all your YouTube comments are public & tied to your real name, so why should this be treated any differently?

    ReplyDelete