Friday, March 7, 2014

Home Alone



This is a rare Friday night in that I will be home alone. Marty is going to a guy-only party. He says the festivities will go late and he’ll just head to his apartment when it is over and that he’ll see me tomorrow. I am full grown (pretty much, anyhow), and I spend a few days a week by myself anyway, but it has been several months since I have been alone the entire Friday evening.

It’s just after 6PM as I write this and hopefully I will be leaving to go to the fitness center by 6:30. I haven’t gone to the fitness center on a Friday in a long while. I’ll get in a good aerobic exercise and then I won’t feel guilty when I have some less than healthy food while I watch TV. I might watch the Celtic game, but I’m kind of leaning to taking in the movie Eat Drink Man Woman on TCM at 8 o’clock.

Later I’m going to have to get back on the Net and visit a few sites such as Massbird.org to see if there have been any bird sightings of significance in the immediate area. I won’t go clear across the state, but I’ll travel a couple of miles for the chance of seeing some unusual bird. So that could be on the agenda for tomorrow.

Marty has an opened bottle of scotch liquor over here at my apartment. I might partake in a sip this evening, if the mood strikes me. In about a forty-five minutes I’ll be earning that sip; I’ll be puffing away on an elliptical, my face flush and shiny with perspiration.       

No comments:

Post a Comment